Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back Home!

Well I have been home from ICYC for several days now and I'm still tired. It was a great week and I always enjoy catching up with old friends. Of course Lori Beth and I had the greatest sports team there with a strong record of 0 and 8. I am not a very competative person and could care less about winning (Sorry Lori) but instead I would rather see the kids have a great time and just enjoy theirself. I believe our kids had the most fun. Unlike some of the kids that I saw playing who were being yelled at by their team captians. I mean come on, some of the guys at camp take sports way to serious and get carried away with it a little to much. There were a couple of times that I thought kids were about to get killed by the way they were yelling. I honestly believe some of them need to take a chill pill, relax and realize it is just a game and have fun and do not be so concerned with winning.

In fact, our team was down to our last game (vollyball) and both teams had won one game each and we were about to play the tie breaking game (a game to 5 points). I gathered my team and ask them if they really wanted to win and have a record of 1 and 7 or go for the perfect record of 0 and 8. Believe it or not they were all excited to just go ahead and throw the game and keep the perfect record. Now there are some kids who were just there having fun and I so glad chose to do that.

The other great thing was getting to catch up with some old friends. Some of the kids their I remember from when they where just babies so that made me feel old. I got to see Chad and Teale (and Mojo - lol). Of course I cannot forget about Crystal and Nathan too. It is always great to have time to catch up with those you love.
Now let me tell you how happy I am to be home with my family. I missed my wife so very much and hate being away from her. I really missed the kids too. They are so a joy to my life and love to be around them. My wife is so amazing. She took care of these kids, kept the house clean (mainly cause i was not here to mess it up) and worked several days (with the kids at work with her). She is Superwoman! I am really lucky to have so a wonderful woman.

2 comments:

Chad said...

It was good to get to see you.

Leah said...

Hope you're rested now! I'm still dragging! Glad you didn't play our team! It was hard to be competitive this year with the team we had...we HAD to let it go!! :) You are correct though, some do need to CHILL!! It's just a game! (but I do want to win!!)