Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Buddy

One of the main reason's I wanted to start my blog was so I could brag about my lovely wife and keep up with my friends from Adamsville (and any others that might happen to blog on here). Also, because my buddy was on here and since he was I figured it would be a good way to keep in touch with him since I haven't been able too in the last several years.

I was listening to a CD the other day by the group Live and could not help but think of my buddy (no not that stupid doll from the late 80's early 90's). When I was in high school and later on college I would go over to my buddies house and we would go down in his room and play pool till late into the evening. The only reason we would usually stop is because his parents were in bed. I was probably the worst pool player ever and still am, but my buddy always played with me even when I would hit the balls off the pool table. While we played pool, we would listen to groups like Live (I think is was the main one for a while). The neat thing was sometimes it would take us and hour to play one round of pool because we would sit around and talk about everything, from girls, to girls we were dating, dating in general, school, the youth group, other people (mostly nice stuff). You name it and we probably talked about it in the basement bedroom of my buddy. Sorry girls if you ever dated me or my buddy then you probably got talked about. I want to thank my buddy for all those wonderful memories and how much those times meant to me.

My buddy and me started off at Sandusky Church of Christ and did a lot together with the Lads to Leaders program. In high school both our families moved over to Adamsville Church of Christ where our group grew larger. Over those years there, my buddy and I grew closer and my buddy became one of my dearest friends and for me still is. We both went to Faulkner and I was glad I got to spend some time there with him. There were many late nights in his dorm room playing Mario Kart 64. We burned up the road with those carts. And then there were those nights where we would stay up all night playing Rook. I know this probably seem childish talking about my buddy in the third person but I have missed my buddy for many years now. I guess because he will always be a dear friend and my buddy.

I have been close to many people over the years and have very close friends now, but I do not think I shall ever find a dearer friend than my buddy. Chad I cannot ever express how much those years and friendship meant to me and I will cherish them always. You will always be considered my dearest friend in life. We have know each other for what seems like ages and I have to say I would not have it any other way. I do not believe in living in the past but I wanted to share these memories with you and others because I guess I never expressed to anyone how dear I have always held our friendship. When I heard Live on that CD the other day it reminded me of my buddy, Chad Yeilding. I know some will read this and think I'm weird or sappy for pouring out my feelings publicly but hey didn't i say I was a nerd and the is "The Big Nerd Theory" (plus i'm new to this blogging stuff so i'm allowed to put what i want).

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Aww! These words are so sweet. My big brother is a wonderful guy, isn't he? ;)

Chad said...

Wow! What can I say, that was a great post. :) I still consider you one of my best friends as well and I HATE that we don't ever get to see each other or spend time together. You need to just get a preaching job here in Bama somewhere. Keep your eyes and ears open and maybe one will come open. If the one in Morris ever comes up, you have to take it. That's where we live. Oh, and about Live. I always think of the trip we took to Backwoods when it was raining so hard and the old red blazer slid off of one of the back roads into the ditch and we had to walk to the closest house we could find and ask for help. I don't know why I think of that, but I do. Wow we had so much fun.

Rebecca said...

That was such a nice post! Cherish your friendship!

I remember borrowing the red blazer to go to the tanning bed one day. Wow that brings back some memories!

Brandi said...

Hey big bro! I liked this post alot...it brought back some good memories for me as well! hmmm, like going through Ensley with white sheets over someones head!! Oh and you two BETTER have talked about me alot!!! LOL. I can remember staying up on the phone with you two all hours of the night while you were at his house. And you trying to teach me about Star Trek!!! the things I pretended like I was interested in, just to talk with you..haha! I just wanted to say that I love you and MISS YOU TONS!!! Now I'm going to reminisce all night about you guys.