Thursday, May 15, 2008

Reason for the title

First off I am glad that I am a nerd (at least all the teenagers i work with tell me I am). Nerds are great (especially the kind you can eat). While I may not have all the nerd qualities, I like to think of myself as a nerd because I simple to not want to be like everyone else. We are such a society of comformist and I want to be different because that make me unique. "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God" (Romans 12:2). In working with teenagers I see their desire to dress, act and be like their peers. I try to tell them that they just need to be theirself, to be an individual and not like every other person in the world.

Anyway back to the reason for the title...for anyone who watches Monday night TV you might have seen the show The Big Bang Theory. Got to say this is the greatest show on TV right now. If you haven't seen it then do a search for it and try to see some of the old shows. Leaves me with my side hurting every time I watch it (probably cause I see myself fitting in with their nerdiness). I asked Sara to help me with a name for my blog and this was one of the many neard titles i got to chose from and so here it is "The Big Nerd Theory." I hope you guys enjoy.

Oh by the way Teale or Chad when you (if you read this) read this, I need to get me one of those gra-FIX things at some point. Come on can't you hook a brother up.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I LOVE that show, hate the title song, but LOVE the show!