Thursday, June 5, 2008

Glasses

Again, this is Sara. I am copying my posts and putting them on Jason's blog site so you will know what is going on. Since he has not blogged, literally, since he first opened the account, I cannot guarantee when he will blog again. If you want to know what is going on in our lives and with the kids you can check my blog at http://mullenixfamily.blogspot.com/

Well, Anne will be getting glasses. She is SO excited. Jason and I were talking, when we were growing up the kids with glasses were made fun of, now kids WANT them. Well, she picked out really cute ones. I convinced her not to get the big chunky plastic ones (like the ones I had when I was a kid) but instead to get, what they call, wire rimmed. She wanted pink. She she found some that are pink-ish. She really likes them and looks good in them.From what the optometrist said, she actually has normal eyesight but she has an astigmatism which is causing her not to be able to see properly, so we were given eye "exercises" to do that "could" help the astigmatism to correct itself as she gets older. I can already fore see the fights. The optometrist said if she does the exercises she may not have to wear glasses as she gets older. Well, that would mean she might have to give up her precious glasses. When I say excited I mean EXCITED. She found the glasses she wanted and was ready to just walk out the door with the display set on her head. She did not care they had words printed on the glass, she had her glasses. When she heard a week, you would have thought her whole world was coming to an end. "A WEEK!" Well, she will survive and lets look at the positive, at least until the new wears off, I will not have to fight her to wear them! Everything else is going well on the home front! Everyone doing well. Kids are GREAT! Jeffrey is learning how to do things on his own. We are not trying to be mean but he expects people to automatically help him because of his disability. So we are trying to teach him to tackle things on his own. Even if he fails, at least he tried and that is what is important. Anne has become VERY attached to us. She has been calling me Moma. I have told her Moma Sara is okay. She wants to call me Moma SO badly. We were in the car the other day and she asked if she never goes back to her Mom will she be adopted. I told her when did not know what was going to happen and we will not know until it happens. But then I thought I better ask her how she feels about things. So I asked her, How do you feel about staying with us, going back to mom or being adopted? She IMMEDIATELY said she wanted to be adopted so she could call us Mom and Dad. It breaks my heart. She wants REAL parents who love her and care for her and take care of her. She knows that we do all that, but are not her REAL parents. She said the cutest thing the other day. She said that she knows that her Moma loves her but does not know what is best for her and cannot give her the things she needs to be healthy. She said, she is older and you are younger and wiser. It was the first time I had heard "younger and wiser" in the same sentence. I laughed. She is so cute and SO very observant to things. I have heard a "rumor" that the day Mom's lawyer goes to court to be released from representing her, is the day that the state will start closing the case. Which will make things permanent. So please keep us in your prayers. Fingers Crossed. Love to you all.

No comments: