Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer is HERE (HELP!)

Ok as a youth minister summer is the craziest time of the year. So even though summer has not offical started it has for me. By the time I finish the summer I will have taught VBS (Walking In Son Light) four times at four different locations. We are taking a few youth down to Indian Creek Youth Camp (hope to see some of you guys there). One VBS we are doing is in Portland, Oregon for Sara's dad and the church for which he preaches. We will also travel to Milledgeville, TN and host a VBS for them. In between all these big activities we have a Timothy Class for th 6th grade and under ever Tuesday (that we are here). Summer is so busy that I usually have take off a week in August to recover. Of course summer is really about the only time I do any actual work. I have to say that I really do love it, I am just not sure how long my body will let me do this. The older I get the hard it is to keep up with the young people. Either I am getting slower or they are getting faster. In all honesty I could not do a great deal of it if it were not for Sara she is such a big help.

By the way, keeping looking back because I will eventually put another blog on here.

5 comments:

Chad said...

Suck it up man. You aren't old. :)

Brandi said...

come on Jas! you can't put yourself in the old category yet!! that would mean me and chad are not far behind you!! :) lol. hope everything is going good up there. Micah is here, if you haven't looked at my blog lately. oh what week are you going to icyc?

Kim said...

You will have a great Summer :) I will say a little prayer for you though lol

BTW You have been tagged...Check Out My Blog www.bkinterlaced.blogspot.com

Leah said...

bless you! What a summer!!

Katie said...

Our VBS just ended and the calendar is still full! You are not old yet. Getting to do stuff like this keeps us young!